Friday 19 September 2008

Too Much Too Soon

Well, first it was a week of afternoons, then a week of mornings, next it's full time nursery for my little girl and I'm finding it hard to get my head around it. Already one of her classmates has had a birthday, that makes her 4 already. Lucy was only just 3, three weeks ago. I can't help thinking she is far too young for this. And I miss her so much. BUT, she is happy, she loves it. She's getting loads of stimulation and I have to admit that it's been hard keeping her entertained at home with Leila to look after too. So now I have the guilt trip, maybe I would have had more time for her if I'd not had Leila. And, I have the added worry of Lucy's complete and utter refusal to do anything at all on the toilet. She is a complicated case, she will go quite happily and sit there for up to 5 minutes without complaint. BUT she won't actually DO ANYTHING! Believe me, I've tried all the tricks in the book to try and get her to go, but nothing has worked so far. She can hold it for ages, but I don't know if she'll be able to hold it all day at school. I keep thinking that maybe it will just click into place, but I've had so much dissapointment every time I've tried something new that I'm wary of hoping for anything.

On a different note, Leila is quite the entertainer, you should hear her sing :) She can't say the words but the tuning is really good. Her favourites are Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, The wheels on the Bus, Tommy Thumb, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes and Wind the Bobbin Up. She does all the actions too. She seems to have a fascination with trees, everytime we go past one she points and gets all excited.

No comments: