Saturday 13 December 2008

Mum is home

She wasn't supposed to be until next week but she'd really had enough of that hospital. (she couldnt' see the tv properly and was missing her soaps!)
Anyway, after 5 1/2 hours at the hospital yesterday they finally let me take her home. We have put her bed downstairs in the living room and we are going to put her tree and decorations up tomorrow.
We have support from the local hospice, and her nurse will still be visiting her daily. We have social services coming next week to arrange a homecare assistant.
She told me yesterday all her plans, but I've asked her to write everything down because sadly our family is still not as close as it should be.
Her plot at the cemetary is paid for, she will be with my dad and my nan. (yes, it's a bit strange my nan being in with my dad but they were incredibly close so it was her wish, and grandad left her when her youngest child was born and she never saw him again)
It was strange taking her home, kind of happy in one way because everyone knows how awful it is being stuck in hospital, but incredibly sad because she's only coming home because there is nothing they can do for her. Even her medication made me cry, they gave her painkillers, stronger painkillers, and even stronger painkillers, and a box of anti-depressents.
I have to say though, she already looked much better being at home sitting up on her own bed.
I'm having a bit of a break today, me and Deb have booked the girls in to see Santa at the nature centre, I just hope this rain eases up a little.

1 comment:

Poohbear said...

Anne, I'm sorry for what you are going through, losing your beloved mum. I'm glad she is home, that's a real blessing, and I'm sure it will lift her spirits. (((HUGS)))

Lynne (Poohbear)