Wednesday 4 February 2009

Snow!

We have snow, as do most of the country :) I can't remember it being this deep and lasting so long for years. We did have a good fall 2 years ago, enough for Lucy to make a snowman, but it didn't last longer than a day. To be honest, I'm getting quite fed up of it now. I'm too bloody scared to out.




Monday I drove to the funeral directors while it was still snowing. On the way home I was coming out of a side ride and the brakes just wouldn't stop the car. I didn't realise how slippy it was and was unprepared so I just panicked. The car stopped inches at the side of a passing bus. I couldn't move for ages I was so scared.




Later I had to pick up Cassie from the station. I was scared but at least I knew what it was like, and it was 10 times worse than in the morning. I took it easy and we made it in one piece. But I've refused to drive since. When we got home we had a street full of buses. They'd just all given up trying to get anywhere.










Cassie took a couple of photo's while up town.

This is one of the fountain frozen over.

And here is one of Lucy making a snow angel in the garden





No comments: