Wednesday 18 February 2009

Still Sad

But coping :)

I had my mum's clock from her house. It's not the type of clock I would normally go for, it ticks and chimes...arrrgghh! The other day it started going all weird, the second hand was stopping and the chimes sounding at the wrong time and just sounding strange. So I went to change the batteries, but I didn't have enough so I decided to leave it until I bought some more. When I put the clock back it started working ok again. So I thought I'd ask mum if it had ever done that to her, I picked up the phone and dialled her number before I realised what I was doing. The clock has been fine ever since and I haven't changed the batteries yet.

Last week I was talking to Lucy about what we could do in the school holiday. I suggested the Sea Life Centre or the Nature Centre, or maybe even Wacky Warehouse. Straight away she said, ohhh is nanny better now then? Mum always said that when she got better she would take the girls to Wacky Warehouse and Lucy hadn't forgot.

Yesterday, I lost my mobile (ok, Leila had it and I hadn't a clue where she'd put it) so I used the house phone to call it. I could hear it ringing by the settee but I couldn't find it. In my frustration I left the house phone and it went to answerphone. When I found my mobile I listened to what had been recorded. Rather surprisingly I hadn't swore once while struggling down the back of the settee :) You could hear the tv on in the background. Then quite plainly I heard a man say my name, twice. I sat there looking at the phone a bit stunned, then played the message again, but the man's voice wasn't there this time ???

No comments: