Wednesday 18 March 2009

More Bad News

Heard from Dave (ex) that our nephew, Ian, has testicular cancer. He's already started a course of chemotherapy and has been told he will likely lose a testicle. He's only one of the family still living in this country, although he does have his daughter (who has just had a premature baby that is very sick). I haven't seen him since his mum's wedding a couple of years ago so I think I'll give him a call tomorrow.

I took Graham's dad to the drs yesterday. He's been getting lots of pain in his stomach. He's been alcoholic for many years and he's been hospitalised twice in the last year, he knows time is running out for him but he can't beat his addiction. Maybe this is his last chance. He told me in the car he was scared of dying. I think I'm scared of addiction and what it does to you.

And one more little bit of sunshine, Dave has to go back into hospital for another operation. That will be the third since he left here to go home at the end of Jan (he came for our son's 21st birthday). He had a burst ulcer which made a hole in his intestine. Cassie wants to go and stay with him for a while, unfortunately, I know what he's like when he's not well and I'm not sure it's such a good idea.

I've got Debbie and girls coming tomorrow so that should be fun :) Hey, something positive to say. I promise to be happy for the next couple of days. But don't expect me to be happy the weekend. I'm praying for it to be Monday already.

No comments: