Saturday 4 April 2009

Learning Curve

Ok, there was an incident yesterday which made me realise that I am on a learning curve. At first I thought it was just a case of foot in mouth disease, but after a restless night, and a few tears, I realised what was really going on.
It is so true that we are learning all our life, when you hit your 40's you think you have life sussed, especially the emotional side, but there is always something new just around the corner.
I'm not going to mention said incident, I don't think it's relevent.

Recently I've found myself drawn to other people who are down, depressed, miserable, fighting their own battles. I thought it was because I needed to be in touch with people who felt the same, or at least something similar to how I am feeling. I thought that it would bring us all strength in some silent uniting of sorrow. A nice idea, but I haven't been very aultrustic. I have been selfish and I haven't given much to anyone.

So that is my aim now. Even though I feel I am still suffering I need to learn that I am but only one person in a world of suffering. Maybe I'm not in a position to offer to support to others just yet, I need to grow stronger. But in the meantime I'm going to keep my foot firmly out of my mouth.

1 comment:

Clare said...

"I have been selfish and I haven't given much to anyone"....

Anne I don't think that could ever be said of you.

Clare xx