Thursday 4 February 2010

Nervous but excited

It's my dating scan tomorrow morning. I guess every pregnant woman is the same, at this stage anything could happen, you just don't know what is happening in there until you've seen it on the screen. I should be confident because I have all the positive signs, including a bit of a bump already. I won't be happy until I know everything is where it should be and working properly.

When I had my eldest two you didn't get a scan until 20 weeks and then you couldn't really see much. I just remember seeing a little jumping bean which was, apparently, the baby's heart beat. I didn't get pictures either because both times the printer wasn't working. So when I got to see Lucy on my first scan at 12 weeks I was shocked to see an actual baby, she was facing forward and you could see her facial features. Then the 20 week scan was so detailed it was just amazing. I've never had a 4D scan, I think they show a little too much detail, if you know what I mean? I like some surprises when the baby arrives.

I've decided to find out the sex of this baby. I did with Lucy and it was really nice knowing, but when I got pregnant with Leila I felt I'd missed out on the surprise of finding out after the birth. It's not quite the same when the midwife calls out 'it's a girl' and you've already known for 20 weeks and bought everything in pink. This time however, I just want to know. Maybe it will be a boy? I really don't mind although I know Graham would like a boy. But mainly I'm worried about future sleeping arrangements if it is male, I mean, how long would he be willing to share a bedroom with two sisters?

I so need a bigger house!

Anyway, I'm off to bed now with everything crossed that I won't be getting some nasty news tomorrow.

(oh, and for those of you who may not realise it, but I won't be finding out the sex tomorrow because it's too early to tell yet...I'm thinking here of maybe an alien that might be reading ;-)

No comments: