Friday 26 March 2010

What a Week!

Well, it's been an eventful week. I woke on Monday feeling excited but a little apprehensive as it was time for my 20 week scan. It all was going well and we found out we were having a little boy!! But then I was asked to come back for another look in 40 minutes as there were some things she couldn't see. We went off excited that we were having a boy but a little worried that something was wrong. When we went back it turned out that baby was fine, phew! However, they spotted a couple of problems with me and a discussion with my consultant afterwards scared me half to death when he said he couldn't be sure I would be able to carry this baby to full term. I won't go into all the medical stuff here, you can check my pregnancy journal for that but I came out feeling really miserable.

I cheered up later after seeking advice and decided that there was no point in being pessimistic, it was just as likely that I could carry this baby to term and I was going with the positive mental attitude all the way!

Then on Tuesday morning I woke up and felt so ill. I couldn't do anything and had to get Graham up to take Lucy to school. I phoned the hospital and they told me to go in. It turned out I had an infection which was causing me pain, nausea and giving me a fever. It was also causing me to contract and push everything up against my lungs giving me an irregular heartbeat or arrhythmia. I could barely breathe.

So, I've been ill all week but now the anti-biotics are doing there job and I'm beginning to feel more human again. The arrhythmia continues which is a little worrying as well as annoying but the pain is getting better.

Oh and did I say, It's a BOY!!!

No comments: