Saturday 10 April 2010

Sun is Shining!

Well it has been for the last few days. It was lovely to go out today sans winter coats, about time I guess. We go on holiday in 16 days so it better stay now it's here.
I've had quite a busy week this week with Lucy being off school, good job I've been feeling better, although I wasn't at the beginning of the week and had to go to drs on Tuesday. Not feeling too bad at all now, just hope it lasts.
Wednesday we were going to the fair but it was a bit dull and looked like rain so we put it off and went to Toys R Us instead. The idea was to give the girls somewhere to run around and get excited and maybe let them buy a little something, while I perused all the baby stuff. When we got there the store was under reconstruction and all the toys were in a huge tent in the carpark!! Still it was plenty big enough for the girls to have fun and spend an age choosing, but downside was the babystuff was limited to one shelf. I did buy a changing bag which was full of useful stuff. Another few things off my massive shopping list crossed.
Thursday we actually went to the kiddie fair with a friend and her two girls. The weather was lovely and the girls had a great time. You would think with all that fun and fresh air they would be exhausted when we got home but they ended up staying awake much later than usual. I don't think I'll ever understand kids.
Friday was my day to be a taxi driver for the big kids. So I was in and out all day. Graham promised to take the girls to the park but then dissapeared for hours coming home just before tea time. The girls had to make do with playing in the garden.
Saturday, today, we went to a local shopping centre so I could pick up a birthday present for my neices 18th next week. Then we went to the park which the girls loved.
Tomorrow it's shopping day, the girls can go and spend some time with their nan, children and Sainsburys are a match made in hell.
Haven't got any plans for next week but I hope we can get out and about again, fingers crossed the weather stays nice.

No comments: