Thursday 2 September 2010

What happened to August?

Oh my did I really make my last entry here at the end of July? Whatever happened to August,  I can't believe I didn't update here at all, it's not as if nothing happened.
OK lets go back a few weeks. Just over four weeks ago I went to the hospital for a scan to see what my situation was regarding size of baby and amount of liquor surrounding him. They found the little blighter had done a bit of a turnaround and was now breach. Suddenly I found myself booked in for an elective Cesarean Section. On 9th of August at 9.50am my little man, Joseph Frederick Sweet was born by previously arranged operation. The operation was great, I honestly did not feel a thing and was suitably distracted from the fact that my insides where fully open and on display below the screen across my chest.  The recovery was not so great, I never want to go through that again, not that I ever will.

Joseph is amazing, he's a proper little man and already looks so much like his daddy. He's not a good sleeper and he cries a lot, but he's a fantastic cuddly little bundle of sweetness.

pic time

1 day old




So, I had my baby and I've been more or less housebound until recently, but I did manage to fit in a birthday party for Lucy on 21st August. It was already planned and had I known when those plans were made that I'd be recovering from surgery I may have just planned the party a week or so later. Anyway, it went quite well thanks to all the help I got and Lucy had a great day. And I made the cake myself!




So August was busy and passed in a blur. It's scary thinking of the future, 3 birthdays in four weeks!!!

I hope you can forgive me for not writing sooner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is gorgeous. Congratulations!