Friday 11 March 2011

Things can only get better

Have you ever thought well things just can't get any worse? I was there last week, then things got worse, and keep on getting worse, I've stopped hoping for them to start getting better now and accepted that this is a really rough patch that I'm just going to have to get through. Forever the optimist I know what doesn't kill me will make me stronger. (Shouldn't I be made of steel by now?)

I don't want to get into it all but it's not just one thing that's getting me down but everything, relationships, money, health, children, the house, the car etc etc. And the world around me is shockingly tragic, even things that have nothing to do with me personally are affecting me. Last week a little girl died in my street, I didn't know her but her tragic death has had me grieving for her and her poor family, the flowers outside are a daily reminder of the tragedy. Then while in the local supermaket the other day a lady collapsed and died. I didn't know her either, what a sad way to go in the aisle of the Co-Op.

Then there is the cruel acts of nature in Australia, New Zealand and now Japan, such tragedy, so much loss, so much sadness. I'm not directly affected but feel the sadness so deeply. And there is so much war, so much tragic loss on a daily basis, so many families and homes destroyed by man, is there anything more awful.

I'm trying to find glimmers of hope and happiness but it's so hard right now.

No comments: