Friday 27 May 2011

Why Men Can't Shop*

I stopped sending my other half to the shops for me a long time ago, I got fed up of him getting the wrong things, paying too much for things, buying things I haven't asked for and then forgetting to give me the change. I just couldn't afford to send him anymore....but on Sunday Joseph was poorly and I really wanted to stay home with him so I wrote a list.

  • Lamb (it's on special offer but if they haven't got any left then get a chicken) Don't spend more than £6
  • 2 packets of biscuits, 1 custard creams, 1 bourbons
  • bread
  • sugar
Easy peasy eh!

Not so! As he was leaving he could plainly see that I was getting Joseph to sleep.
5 minutes after he left the phone rings waking Joseph up.
HIM "they've got no lamb left"
ME "do they have chicken?"
HIM "yes"
ME "well get the chicken then, I've got to go now Joseph is screaming his head off after the phone woke him.

5 minutes later, I'd just managed to stop Joseph screaming.
HIM "Do you want me to try somewhere else for the lamb?"
ME "No, it's not on special offer anywhere else, just get the chicken"

So he gets home with a £4 chicken, cheap? yes, big enough? no
2 packets of biscuits, 1 custard creams, 1 garibaldi (I'm the only one in the house that likes garibaldi and I'm on a diet)
sugar
bread
bottle of coke
packet of baccy
no change!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

*disclaimer, I'm sure there are men out there that are able to shop, I've just not met one yet.

2 comments:

alexandra said...

oh god, that sounds so familiar!

Casdok said...

Lol!
Me neither!