Wednesday 10 August 2011

Sleep

There was a time that I would talk about sleep, or rather the lack of it, all the time on this blog. So I'll forgive you if you thought that maybe things were good now. In fact I don't think it's ever been so bad. Joseph is easily the worst sleeper I've had. He can wake up at least twice every night and is very reluctant to go back to sleep. He doesn't like his cot, he doesn't like co-sleeping, he does like the settee, but only for an hour or so. The longest period he has slept is 4 hours, mostly it's up to an hour during the day (once, sometimes twice) and two to three hours throughout the night.
Sleep deprivation is hard to deal with. I find myself finding it difficult to get through the day, I forget things all the time and sometimes simple tasks are so difficult to perform. I get days which I call fuzzy because I can't focus on anything.
Then during the day I have a moany baby to deal with which is no fun at all. The last few days/nights have been the worst ever.
And now Joseph is a year old, he had his birthday yesterday.

No comments: