Wednesday 14 September 2011

The Christening

We had Leila and Joseph christened together on September 9th 2011 at Weoley Castle Community Church.
We arrived at the church at 10.30am ready for service at 11am. Leila's godparents where my brother and sister-in-law, Joseph's were Graham's brother and our niece. The service was lovely and Leila and Joseph were well behaved, especially when baptised and they got soaked. When Lucy was christened the minister just wet her finger and drew a cross on her forhead. This time the water was actually poured onto Leila and Joseph, but they didn't even flinch.
After the service we went back to our home where I'd put on  a buffet for lunch. Id' been cooking since 6.30am!! I had also made a cake (photo to follow) I think I may be getting addicted to making cakes :-)
The last guests didn't leave until 7pm so it was a very long day!

The cake with a little Leila and Joseph

Joseph in his suit, minus shoes

Leila

Joesph and my brother

No comments: