Saturday 22 October 2011

Wanted- A New Home

I've been looking for a new home for my large family for ages now. When I decided to have more children, my older children were already young teenagers and I honestly thought that they would be moving on, going to university, getting married, basically just moving out. They didn't. They are still home, now in their 20's but I fully understand why they are still here, hindsight is a wonderful impossible thing.
So the situation is, four adults and three children in a three bedroomed house. Our kitchen is tiny, so is our bathroom. We are falling over each other, it's impossible to find any peace. And I'm sharing a bedroom with my partner and three small children. No wonder I complain about not getting any sleep, wouldn't you?
I've lived here 22 years now and I have to say I love living here. The street is lovely, the local shops are great, the school is close and great, there is a really good local bus service and the train station is a 20 minute walk. You can even walk to the huge new super hospital in 15 mins (And the maternity hospital)
If I could knock down a couple of walls and build a couple of extra bedrooms in the attic, I'd happily stay here forever.

The other day I was invited to put a bid in for the chance of a newly refurbished 6 bedroomed house. The chosen family will be filmed for channel 4 explaining their current housing condition, viewing the new house before the re-furbishment and then moving into the new house. I would say my chances of being chosen were very small, but what a fantastic opportunity.
Paulo Coelho said "If you want something all the universe conspires in helping you acheive it"
I want a bigger house, I was given this chance.....will the universe conspire in helping me get it?

I'll let you know!

No comments: