Sunday 6 November 2011

Tomatoes and Melons

Tomatoes and melons

by Paulo Coelho on November 5, 2011

If tomatoes wanted to be melons,
they would look completely ridiculous.
I am always amazed
that so many people are concerned
with wanting to be what they are not;
what’s the point of making yourself look ridiculous?
You don’t always have to pretend to be strong,
there’s no need to prove all the time that everything is going well,
you shouldn’t be concerned about what other people are thinking,
cry if you need to,
it’s good to cry out all your tears
(because only then will you be able to smile again).

While thinking that I wanted to write in my blog today, I really didn't know where to start. I've had a really weird day, difficult to explain, stressful, but only because I wasn't very good at handling the stress. Then I read the above on Paulo Coelho's blog and it made a lot of sense. I'm not saying that I'm tomato trying to be a melon but I do sometimes try to be supermum when I know I'm not. I'm always pretending to be strong, pretending that everything is going well. I think that's where I come unstuck, some days I'm just not up to my own expectations and today was one of those days. I did the crying, just a little and to myself. It was while Graham was putting the kids to bed because I'd just had enough and wasn't up to it.
I'm feeling a little better now. Maybe tomorrow I can be more proud of myself and what I do achieve instead of getting frustrated about not being what I would like to be.

No comments: