Friday 17 February 2012

Being Broke!

We went into town on Wednesday for a day out seeing as it was half term. First we went to Waterstones because Cassie was looking for a book. The girls had fun in the children's department. Then we went for lunch at the Loft. I figured a bit of real food was better than the usual Mc Donalds, plus I just love their pie.
Then it was time for the girls to visit Build A Bear. Lucy has her bear already, Bonnie, she's had her since she was a baby and loves her loads so we bought her a lovely new princess outfit and some pink roses shoes. Leila chose a white bear to make and had fun stuffing it and putting in it's little heart. Then she chose a pink dress and some 'glass' slippers. We had lots of fun. We then popped into the Disney Store and the Entertainer. The girls crawled through the tunnel across the ceiling of the shop and down the slide.
Then we came out of the Bullring and I wanted to pop into a card shop. I left Graham outside with the girls and the pushchair, and Cassie popped across to the cashpoint. She met me in the shop and gave me some cash to look after for her. On leaving the shop we split up because the others wanted to go to Gamestation and I wanted to go to Mothercare. I took the puschchair back of Graham but didn't put my purse in my bag as usual, I stuffed it in my pocket, Mothercare was only a minute away.
We split up and shortly afterwards I nearly ran into another girls puschchair causing a bloke behind me to bump into me briefly. I thought nothing of it but when I got to Mothercare I checked for my purse and it was gone. I thought I'd dropped it or left it in the card shop at first but soon it dawned on me that it was probably taken by the bloke that bumped into me.
So I lost everything, my purse, my cash, my cards, my bus ticket home and even Cassie's money that I was looking after.
Cassie managed to scrape together her bus fare home and gave me her Daysaver, it was only an adult one, the one I had lost covered me, Graham and Lucy. I was terrified as I flashed it on the bus but the driver let us on and we managed to get home.
I was having such a lovely day with my family and it was completely ruined by some selfish stranger. I couldn't afford to lose the money I lost but in the end it's only money. The whole experience just made me feel sick.

No comments: