Monday 2 July 2012

My London Trip, and All That Jazz

 Cassie decided that for her birthday she wanted to see a West End Show, and she wanted me to go with her. We booked a hotel and theatre package from Lastminute.com and got train tickets. I left Daddy at home with the kids and off we went to London. This would be the first time I've left my little ones overnight...eeek! I knew they would be safe at home with Daddy, and maybe daddy would get the chance to appreciate just how much I do in the day.
We started out at 8am for the train at 9.30am. It was a slow train and we didn't get to Euston until nearly 12, and it rained most of the way there. We got off the train and in proper tourist mode took a look at the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, then the London Eye, it had stopped raining which was good. Then we jumped back on the underground. Next stop was Tower Hill where we took some photo's of Tower Bridge and the Tower of London (by now the sun was shining, it had turned out a lovely day) and had a rather delicious lunch at Wagamamas. On more little detour to Picadilly Circus  before making our way to the hotel. We were running out of time so once at the hotel it was quick change and off out again to the theatre where we watched Chicago. We both loved it :-) I've been to the theatre a few times before and I've seen many concerts, but this was my first time to see a West End Musical. I've not even seen the film!
After the show we were going for drinks but felt shattered so we made our way back to the hotel. Then we had a late snack at Mc Donalds before grabbing a final drink in the hotel bar where we had a lovely chat.
Next morning we woke up to rain again, but by the time we got showered, dressed and packed up to leave it was starting to dry up. First stop was the Emirates Air-line, a cable car across the Thames. I thought I would be scared but I really loved it, even when we got blown around a little by the wind right at the top. The views were amazing, and I loved how we could see how much sunnier the weather was in central London.
Next stop was Baker Street as Cassie is a big Sherlock fan. We wanted to visit the museum but the queue was massive and we were on a time schedule so we made do with a trip to the shop instead and Cassie had a lovely book for a birthday present.
Then it was on to Queen's Park and we grabbed an ice cream for the walk across the park to the palace. We had a little break wondering what the Queen was up to inside her house and if she ever curtain twitched. What would it be like to have thousands of people outside your house every day?
Time for a late lunch and we decided to go back to Picadilly to eat at Pizza Hut. We had a large pizza between us but couldn't manage it all, so we had a doggy bag for the rest, a treat for Craige later. Then there was just time for a little shopping (Cassie was thrilled to get some Taroyaki from the Japanese Shop) and we bought gifts for everyone back home. Then we were back at Euston grabbing a coffee before our trip home (which took only 1/2 the time on the fast train)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW..! That makes me crazy I love jazzy...!
______________
Essay Writing